Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Reading Frankenstein.


Frankenstein is a very interesting novel, though interesting it is not a book i would pick myself and enjoy reading. I cannot say i hated it nor loved it. Because i already knew the story of Frankenstein and his monster, it was nothing new. The story was a repeat.
When beginning Frankenstein I realized that almost everything i thought i knew about the story was right. Frankenstein is the scientist who had created a creature from flesh. He wanted to make history, a new way of birth but once the creature awoke he ran away out of fear and disgust and left his "Monster" to fend for himself. Frankensteins monster was not a monster to begin with. It is true that he looked for love and companionship. Unfortunately all he found was hatred and people who treated him nothing less then a monster. He was threatened beaten and isolated. People reacted to his features (Yellow, big, and disfigured) as if they had seen something revolting. Frankenstein began changing his ways and no longer looked for love but looked for revenge. I| thought that he only looked for revenge on his creator who abandoned him, but infact it was towards everyone who treated him badly and everyone else. He truly became a monster.
The monster told his creator " If I cannot inspire love, I will cause fear."Frankenstein." (Frankenstein. New York: Tom Doherty, 1989. 148. Print.)

No comments:

Post a Comment